It is our policy that all students wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. Our policy regarding school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the students with the school;
- is fair and makes students feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and removes peer pressure to dress in ‘designer’ fashions;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents/carers;
- can assist identification of strangers on school premises;
- is designed with health and safety in mind.
The full uniform policy can be found on the Policies page here.
- Black, single-breasted blazer with the school badge.
- White shirt, long or short sleeved, with pointed collar. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- School tie.
- Pullover, v-necked and black.
- Plain black shoes. Trainers and boots are not acceptable.
- Black skirt or black trousers.
- Skirts, trousers and shoes must be practical and formal, not fashion items.
- Skirts must be pleated, no shorter than knee-length and no longer than mid-calf.
- Trousers must be tailored; neither tight nor baggy; nor excessively flared; not denim or corduroy.
- Black socks, black or neutral tights must be worn.
- Hijabs must be plain black or plain white.
Preferred Uniform Suppliers
MCS Stores – 32 Market Street, Ashton-Under-Lyne, OL6 6ER Tel: 0161 445 7740. Web: mcsstores.co.uk For price list click here. CORONAVIRUS NOTICE Please email email@example.com for information about ordering and delivery during the current Coronavirus emergency.
TopForm by Monkhouse – 27 Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1XS Tel: 0161 627 0417. Web: monkhouse.com For price list click here. CORONAVIRUS NOTICE: Please click here to read about Monkhouse’s booking system and safe shopping plan.