Laurus Ryecroft, part of the Laurus Trust, has been rated Outstanding by Ofsted in the school’s first ever report.
The report confirms the school is officially ‘Outstanding’ in all four categories and highlights how leaders and teachers are going above and beyond to “empower students to flourish academically and personally”.
During the inspection, which took place on the 25th and 26th January 2023, inspectors praised leaders for the “uncompromising” and highly “ambitious” ethos that has been instilled across the school. The report also noted that “students are highly committed to their learning, motivated to do well and take pride in their work”.
Throughout the report, inspectors praised a wide range of areas where the school is working exceptionally hard to provide the best educational opportunities for students, specifically:
- The report noted how “students at the school respond extremely well to the exceedingly high expectations that leaders have set for them. Their behaviour is impeccable and they achieve highly.”
- Inspectors also highlighted the positive culture of the school. “Students are incredibly considerate of their peers. They value differences and respect each other’s opinions.”
- Ofsted praised the school for their strong teaching provision, highlighting how “leaders have meticulously developed the curriculum to suit the needs of the students.”
- In modern foreign languages for example, Ofsted noted that students “achieve remarkable outcomes.”
- The report also highlights how “reading is at the heart of leaders’ priorities and that the school has invested extensively in a range of programmes and resources to ensure that students become exceptionally capable of reading.”
- Additionally, “all students thrive in the carefully designed extra-curricular ‘electives’ programme – students relish the opportunities to hold leadership roles, such as house captain, prefect and sports captain.”
- Finally, the report also notes how “leaders have designed purposeful and well-considered programmes to prepare students fully for their next steps.”
Laurus Ryecroft, with support of the Trust, is continuing to set the standard of academic excellence and this report is truly a testament to the hard work of staff across the school in transforming the lives of their students.
Martin Vevers, Headteacher of Laurus Ryecroft, said:
“I am incredibly proud to have received such a glowing report from Ofsted in our first ever inspection. Without a doubt, the tireless efforts and hard work of all our staff has ensured we received such high praise.
“As a school, we are without question, unapologetic in our aspirations for our students and we are fully committed to reflecting this in the education and opportunities we are delivering.
I am beyond pleased to see this recognised throughout the report.
“I would like to thank all parents, carers and the wider community for their unwavering support and I look forward to ensuring our school continues on this positive journey.”
Linda Magrath OBE, CEO of the Laurus Trust, said:
“I am thrilled to see Ofsted recognise that the Laurus ethos of high aspirations, exceptional achievements and strong outcomes is fully embedded into every facet of the school. Every member of our staff shares the same ambition, that of ensuring all of our students are given the knowledge, skills, qualities and habits they need both to open the door to the future of their choice and to succeed in life.
“Laurus Ryecroft continues to set the standard of delivering our Trust’s core principle of being unashamedly academic – with these strong foundations in place, I look forward to seeing the school continue to thrive.”
The full report can be found here: Laurus Ryecroft Ofsted Report 2023